Chevelles Forum - View Single Post - Meeting with Gem City
View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 09:24 AM
plain 69

Well the meeting went pretty well. We all had plenty to eat that is for sure. Thanks to everyone that brought in the side dishes and thanks goes to Jerry and his family letting us use their place as well.

Here are some things but not all that were discussed.

Gem City is going out to the show site to mark off the area for the show this coming Friday at 6:00 p.m. They wanted a couple of us to be there as well but we had one volunteer Bill Beard.

Sunday everyone should be arriving around 7:00 a.m. or if you want a little earlier. I don't know if the gate will be open earlier though or not.

Everyone signed up for their particular duties.
Here are a few of the assignments.

Gate Keepers at the front gate.

Parking attendants for the show field and spectators.

Classification determiners.

Registration.

Door Prizes.

Judging.

I am currently putting together our registration sheets for the Chevelle classes since we are running the Chevelle class.

As far as Judging we are working in pairs. It will be best to have a very knowlegable person with each pair. Both judges will have judging sheets to turn in though.

When all the cars are in their particular classes we will be putting the appropriate number of judges to that class since it takes about 10 minutes or so to judge one car.

Sunday morning there will be coffee and donuts there and I think they will be about a quarter a piece.

The music should be playing at about 8:30-9:00 a.m. to signify we are ready.

Remember any tickets or door prizes that you have need to be brought to the show as well.

We stuffed around 160+ goodie bags as well.

Both clubs will be parking in the front rows only so that is where we will be parking our Chevelles.

If anyone runs into trouble with a participant don't stir it further get Shorty or Todd of Gem City Classics and they will try to remedy the problem. If not the Sherrif could be stopping by. So that way we don't get into any trouble or stir a big stink.

If you happen to see any kids touching the show cars please let them know not to do that.

This is great for the Spina Bifida fund and is big for our club as well. I have learned a lot already from helping Gem City with this show. Hopefully next year we can do the same and/or have our own show next year. I can see it takes a lot of money and work to start out.

It would be great to see some of the members we have not seen in a while. Even if you don't have your car ready or it is immobile for some reason or another. We can use all the judges we can get our hands on as well.

That is all I can think of now maybe the Prez can chime in with an email or something. He might have a couple new items.

Larry Grigsby<br />Founding Member # TSC-010<br />ACES Member #3635<br />1967 SS396 Bench Seat 4-Speed

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome