REBUILDING FRONT END :-) - Chevelles Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

Just thought I'd let everyone know that my baby's going to be down for a while as I rebuild the entire front end on her. I bought the "Super Polygraphite" kit from PST yesterday and a rebuilt steering box from NPD today. They should both be here by the end of next week and hopefully it wont take me but a few days to tear apart and put back together. (knock on wood) It's needed it since I bought it but I recently received some extra motivation (last weekend) when I decided to fight with a median with my left front wheel! It's a long story but made short I ruined the heck out of my wheel and tire and knocked the alignment out of whack not to mention possibly bent a couple of key front end components?......sigh.....Anyhow the reason I'm telling everybody is because the parts that come off, and are still good, I'll keep in case anybody might want some original parts for their car? And secondly the parts I'm buying were at what I consider to be a great price and I'm told are top notch pieces from people who are in the buisness. So if anybody decides to go the same direction I'll be able to give some advice and opionions on what I've used and have done. ....I know, imagine that, Sean with an opinion!!!!....LOL

My wife says if I spend any more money on the Chevelle she\'s gonna leave me?..... I\'ll miss her :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 07:22 AM Thread Starter

Well it's all done and she handles like a dream!!! I took the day off on Monday so I could be there and help my suspension guy tear it down and put her back together again. After it was all said and done I was glad I had him help me since there were certain obstacles that we ran into that would have kicked my rear end while I would have been laying on my back in my garage with the wrong tools! But even with the minor road blocks we finished her in just over one days work and she handles better than new now! I did all of this once as a 16 year old but I also had the body off with lots of room to work. Not to mention all of that youthfull vigor and ignorance.....lol....However if anyone plans on doing the same to their car in the future I'd be more than willing to help with labor and or advice.

My wife says if I spend any more money on the Chevelle she\'s gonna leave me?..... I\'ll miss her :-)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelles Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page