Minutes of the Gem City & the latest flyer! - Chevelles Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

I apologize for the delay on the minutes of the Gem City/Tri-State meeting. I have been running 100 miles per hour. Anyhow I promise SOON!! I did talk to John E about the DJ. Basically he will do it for free, except he wants his expenses covered which means gas, food, etc. I figured we could pay him $100 for his time/gas, etc. That is WAY cheap for a DJ. He has all of his own equipment and get this, he hauls it around in a 59 or 60 Apache. Should be great!! I will be talking to him personally very soon. I also have some guarenteed door prizes from Advance and Autozone down here. Later

Dave

[ April 16, 2006, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: DG ]

1970 SS454 Chevelle cloned<br />1970 SS396 El Camino for real<br />2003 SS Silverado<br />I NEED MORE SUPER SPORTS!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

Here us a list of things that we as a club need to Accomplish:

1: Door Prizes. It was said that GC tries to give a door prize to everyone. That means we need around 180 door prizes. The DJ will announce the business that provided the door prize, and it is preferred that the business put a card with the prize. We will also need transportation for the door prizes to the show.

2: Goody Bags. We will need stuffers for 200 goody bags. They can consist of pens, mouse pads, coupons, etc.

3: We would like to come up with a big ticket raffle item, Shorty already has a big toolbox. This needs to happen soon as the raffle tickets need to be printed. Winner need not be present to win. Also we will do a split the pot or 50/50 drawing.

Commitees:

1: Gate Area. This means people are needed to collect the $2 admission, and also to classify the cars as they come in.

2: Registration. GC will do the 55-56-57 and TS will do the Chevelles, Elkys, and wagons. Both clubs will help with all others (1911-1972)

3: Parking. Both spectators and show cars. Friday night we will lay out the field.

4: Food. DG volunteered his cub pack, boy scouts, and his wifes girl scout troop for this. It will be a great fundraiser for them and we won't have to look for a good vendor. Scouting is a great charity.

5: Judging. We decided to team up in 2's one from each club for judging. The judges will meet at 11:30 the day of show.

6: Tallying. Hopefully Shorty can get the computer program they used for tallying last time.

7: Trophies. They can be sponsered by businesses for $40 and that business will be announced when the trophy is presented. Both myself and Randy along with Shorty and Todd will be presenting the trophies.

FAQS:

1: All members cars (1911-1972) are welcome, but will not be judged and will be parked in a seperate area.
2: Vendors/swapmeet area spaces are $10 and all types of vendors/swap/businesses are welcome.
3:The Spina bifida kids will pick a car for their own special award.
4: There will be a small get together after the show.
5:This show is rain or shine!

If I've left anything out, or someone has something to add, feel free to reply. Later

Dave

1970 SS454 Chevelle cloned<br />1970 SS396 El Camino for real<br />2003 SS Silverado<br />I NEED MORE SUPER SPORTS!!
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 08:16 AM

Any thought of buying a swapmeet spot for the club, or do you think we will be toooo busy to man it ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 09:17 AM

That's a great idea, Craig.
Maybe the members that have some items for sale could rotate duty and keep an eye on it.

Jeff
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 10:57 AM
DG

I got an OK on some oil changes from Grismers for the show. Like what I got for the MD show.

DG
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 04:38 PM

We should incorporate the club before the show. The risks of liability seem very high.

Thanks,<br /><br />Mark<br />TSC # : 50<br />ACES #: 06934<br />67 Wagon
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 06:35 PM
DG

I agree, lets get the Incorporate ball rolling again, and establish a non-profit status ID.

We actually voted and approved the activity a couple years ago, but lost our resource who knew what to do.

There appears to be someone from GEM City with some knowledge....

Dave....
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

No one in our club is a Lawyer, paralegal, or has any contacts? I will look around on the internet, and I have a friend who has a business and incorporated so I'll ask him. Later

Dave

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-16-2006, 10:28 PM
DG

Here is the latest Gem City flyer.

Until our club gets incorporated, maybe the flyer should not infer we are co-hosting it.
Maybe it could say, something like, "Gem City Welcomes Tri State Chevelles". And maybe skip the "Chevelle Car" logo.

This way it does not infer "we" are helping the show officially, just singled out for recognition as a featured Car Club, that is attending.

We do not want to open our club up for litigation if some kind of damage occurs. It might be a good thing to ask Shorty if some thing did happen while a Tri State Member is helping to park cars, etc, who is liable?

Man, this stuff makes my head hurt. **** all laywers!

<b>D.G. Adams</b> <br />Email (remove spaces) : <b>chevelle70 @ woh.rr.com</b><br />Team Chevelle Member <b>#0086</b> username (same as here): <b>DG</b><br />eBay username: <b>dg98adams</b>
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 09:23 AM

Dave and Tri State
You may want to contact Todd and Sheri about incorporating your club. They have a laywer in the area that did ours very cheap and fast. We were able to get it dne in less than a month. If your Club is open to change it will go very fast.
Let me know very soon about the Flyer as it will go to print next week. I will have everything put togeather this week.
Thanks
Shorty

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelles Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page