Meeting with Gem City - Page 3 - Chevelles Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 04:36 AM
DG

Shorty,
Do we need to bring tables for the food prep/setup area?

DG

<b>D.G. Adams</b> <br />Email (remove spaces) : <b>chevelle70 @ woh.rr.com</b><br />Team Chevelle Member <b>#0086</b> username (same as here): <b>DG</b><br />eBay username: <b>dg98adams</b>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 05:03 AM Thread Starter

"Be Prepared" I would say yes...I would bring a pop-up as well if you can.

Dave

1970 SS454 Chevelle cloned<br />1970 SS396 El Camino for real<br />2003 SS Silverado<br />I NEED MORE SUPER SPORTS!!
post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 10:17 AM

DG you might want to stop down there tonight at the Polish Club since there will be a few of them down there this evening. That way you can talk to them personally and see what your dealing with.

Larry Grigsby<br />Founding Member # TSC-010<br />ACES Member #3635<br />1967 SS396 Bench Seat 4-Speed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 10:32 AM
DG

Shorty emailed me and said there are tables there. I may stop in over there on my way home anyway.

DG

<b>D.G. Adams</b> <br />Email (remove spaces) : <b>chevelle70 @ woh.rr.com</b><br />Team Chevelle Member <b>#0086</b> username (same as here): <b>DG</b><br />eBay username: <b>dg98adams</b>
post #25 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 08:00 PM

I'll be there at 7:00 AM to help with whatever needs done. Will bring canopy, chairs, walkie- talkies and anything else you can suggest. Anyone up for breakfast before like at the Waffle House on east side of I-75 at Needmore Rd. I'll be there between 6:00 and 6:15 AM. See you guys Sunday. John

Johns69
post #26 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 06:51 AM

I do not see that being a problem. They have done a lot for us lately. Look at how many times have they have fed us.
post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 07:01 AM
DG

Guys, one of the items I discussed with Shorty was the food for "after". The Scouts have made a significant investment in burgers/hotdogs/etc...for this show.

If it turns out attendance is light (and they do not "sell out" I would ask that instead of "Ordering Out" for food, we have dinner buying the Scout food. The Scouts would likely reduce the items to cost instead of wasting it, so it would be more economical (or our club could compenstate the Scouts to augment the sale price).

Now, if they do sell out, I think the Tri State club could probably do it. I know Dave (Prez) can spend up to $50 without a vote. But we would should have a "quorum" there to make an in-person vote.

I should be there early too, so look for me.

Also, something to consider for next year. Can we commit our club to the show and do more of the work. We should not let this one slide away like the Hara show. We need to be prepared. I think we are on the right track with the INC status.

post #28 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 07:22 AM

i feel that that gem city should not have to buy any of the food and that we should as a club take up this end of the situation,like mike was saying they have done a lot for the show.dg where is it in the club's by-law that the president can spend $50.00 with out a vote? bill
post #29 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 12:25 PM

I will be there in the am, hopefully by 7:00. As a side note I am a father again!! Jacob was born on the 16th of August. 7 lbs. 8 ounces and very healthy.
post #30 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 12:32 PM
DG

Bill,

Quote:
dg where is it in the club's by-law that the president can spend $50.00 with out a vote?
I don't have a copy of the by-laws, but this came up the year we helped in the Hara show and a suggestion was that the club made a donation challenge to any other clubs to match it during the event.

So, who does have a copy to confirm it? Or can we have a short meeting before everything gets started?

I don't think 1/2 of our current members frequent this web board regularly.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelles Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page