Today's Show - Chevelles Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 05:58 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

Just wanted to say that, weather excluded, I think we had a good day today. Thanks to Gem City Classics for letting us gain some usefull knowledge in running a car show. Hopefully we will be able to continue to co-host this show with you. I was very suprised that we had as many of those nice cars show up as we did.

I would also like to say how proud I am of this club for the great participation we had today. I think we had almost 20 members + families show up today. That is great. If anyone has any pictures from today, feel free to email them to me. I have a full 2 gig of mailbox, so I should be able to handle quite a bit. I will post anything that I get.

Ron

Ron Taylor<br />1968 Chevelle Concours Coupe<br /> <a href=\"http://www.chevelle68.com\" target=\"_blank\">Chevelle Page</a> <br />A.C.E.S. #5981 <br />TC #1827<br /><a href=\"https://www.chevelles.net/tristate\" target=\"_blank\">Tri_State Chevelles</a> #14
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 06:32 PM

And also thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank you guys and gals for helping with the pickle!

Randy
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 06:59 PM

I would also like to thank everyone that showed up today to help out. We gained some good experience and maybe next year we can help out again . I think everything ran pretty good , Sorry I was feeling a little under the weather today and probably could have helped out a little more . Thanks to Dg and the scouts , they did a heck of a job .

Rick S.<br />67 Malibu<br />TSC # F-12<br />A.C.E.S. #06054<br />T.C. #4052
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 07:07 PM

I've gotta say that today reinforces the fact that we have a AWESOME bunch of members. Not only did the show go very smoothly, people were asking for more work to do. Also as Randy mentioned above we were able to reslove a little miscommunication on my part thanks to the generosity of club members who give and give. I can't say how proud I am to be the president. Thanks all, and be on the lookout for a discussion on the September meeting during which we will be nominating officers. Thanks!!

Dave

1970 SS454 Chevelle cloned<br />1970 SS396 El Camino for real<br />2003 SS Silverado<br />I NEED MORE SUPER SPORTS!!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 06:36 AM

I felt everything went pretty well for our first time. I think everyone is an agreement that we would like to co-host this event next year with them. It would be good hopefully to have something in concrete with Gem City for next year by the November meeting.

Next time we will be more prepared and organized in the classification and teams for judges. Although that went well after Jerry set me straight.

Tanya and Susan done a really good job helping in that hot room getting the tabulations together. Since they have electricity in that place it might have been good to have a couple fans in there. As a matter of fact all the gals done a heck of a job.

It was a good learning experience for us all. I wish the other members could have came as well that were not there.

Jerry let your 70 warm up a little more the next time. That old 396 runs pretty darn good after you got her going.

Mother nature needs to be reprimanded for her behavior.

Our prez done a great job up there handing out the awards and stuff. Kudos to Dave for everything that he has done for us this year. Dave has put a lot of effort in the club this year and it shows.

Thanks Dave for being here from the founding of our club til now and in the future. I do know you would feel better having a Chevelle on the road though as well as I.

Larry Grigsby<br />Founding Member # TSC-010<br />ACES Member #3635<br />1967 SS396 Bench Seat 4-Speed
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 07:01 AM

Great job everyone!!

Even with the rain we had a great show!

I even received a compliment on our judging (kudos to Jeff Baker especially) - we spent time judging the cars and that was appreciated by the participants who said they would definitely be back next year.

(moved from Gem City Meeting post)

Thanks,<br /><br />Mark<br />TSC # : 50<br />ACES #: 06934<br />67 Wagon
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 11:37 PM

sharon and i had a great time. wish i could have helped more than just showing up.
DG and his troops did a great job!
Larry you got that right,i put the new distributer on yest. i got at the show. on the test run before i new it tach read 6k. i had to go home and check my britches.it might have had a little more but its never seen that.

jerry paddock<br />70ss 396 4 speed<br />TSC member # 16<br /> [oo]==ss==[oo]
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 09:22 PM
SJS

Quote:
Thanks Dave for being here from the founding of our club til now and in the future. I do know you would feel better having a Chevelle on the road though as well as I.
The funny thing is that he has the power to change that but doesn't seem to want to get any of his Chevelles on the road.

69 SS396 (502/5speed)
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 01:20 AM

It is starting to get cooler out so I do have a little more motivation to wander out to the garage now.

Larry Grigsby<br />Founding Member # TSC-010<br />ACES Member #3635<br />1967 SS396 Bench Seat 4-Speed
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 09:48 AM
DG

Yeah,

It's getting cooler now....that sounds like a good excuse...er, reason, why my project had stalled.

It was too hot to work on it. Now, I can get back to it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I am shooting for spring 07 to be back on the road.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelles Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page