Chevelles Forum - Reply to Topic
Thread: Meeting with Gem City Reply to Thread
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelles Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:


  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
08-27-2006 05:00 AM
CG70SS It's pouring down in Cincy as of 0540am. Hope it stops before the show. Whats it doing up that way ?
08-26-2006 09:24 PM
Bowtie70SS Do more of the work? You didn't get to hear the task load that we have. Also if things go well we will have more members in attendance than Gem City. We are doing the DJ, judging, classifying, front gates, registration, raffle tickets, split the pot sales,Food (DG and the scouts), helped mark parking spots, drove door prizes to show...and I'm sure I forgot something. About the only thing we didn't do was to reserve the spot, and take care of trophies and door prizes. I think we are gonna be a key part and if we weren't there then it may not have happened. As far as the Hara arena show I was under the impression that the Hara show ended?? Don't worry we'll be very busy. Later

08-26-2006 09:19 PM
Mike67&72 Last Sat. it was 70% chance on the friday before, then it was 30% for sat. on sat morning and it never rained! Can't do nothing about it except go with the flow.
08-26-2006 08:06 PM
plain 69 Ken congratulations. I know you guys are shooting for a girl the next time ain't you.

Just wanted to let everyone know that the Prez can spend $50.00 at any one time and up to $100.00 in one month.

It is in Article 5 section 2. That is in place for certain situations from time to time that come up. Things that can be taken care of without all the formalities. It should be recorded in the books for all members to see if they request to see them, which if any has been spent I know it has been recorded by our Treasurer without a doubt.


I am going to be positive on the weather and say that we will see gleaming paint jobs from the sunshine.
08-26-2006 07:09 PM
DG Dang! 40% chance of Thunder storms all day Sunday.
08-26-2006 02:55 PM
rick 67 I don't see a problem with doing this , if nothing else we could take up a collection to get dinner .

08-26-2006 01:32 PM
DG Bill,

dg where is it in the club's by-law that the president can spend $50.00 with out a vote?
I don't have a copy of the by-laws, but this came up the year we helped in the Hara show and a suggestion was that the club made a donation challenge to any other clubs to match it during the event.

So, who does have a copy to confirm it? Or can we have a short meeting before everything gets started?

I don't think 1/2 of our current members frequent this web board regularly.
08-26-2006 01:25 PM
toplss68 I will be there in the am, hopefully by 7:00. As a side note I am a father again!! Jacob was born on the 16th of August. 7 lbs. 8 ounces and very healthy.
08-26-2006 08:22 AM
hot rod bill i feel that that gem city should not have to buy any of the food and that we should as a club take up this end of the situation,like mike was saying they have done a lot for the show.dg where is it in the club's by-law that the president can spend $50.00 with out a vote? bill
08-26-2006 08:01 AM
DG Guys, one of the items I discussed with Shorty was the food for "after". The Scouts have made a significant investment in burgers/hotdogs/etc...for this show.

If it turns out attendance is light (and they do not "sell out" I would ask that instead of "Ordering Out" for food, we have dinner buying the Scout food. The Scouts would likely reduce the items to cost instead of wasting it, so it would be more economical (or our club could compenstate the Scouts to augment the sale price).

Now, if they do sell out, I think the Tri State club could probably do it. I know Dave (Prez) can spend up to $50 without a vote. But we would should have a "quorum" there to make an in-person vote.

I should be there early too, so look for me.

Also, something to consider for next year. Can we commit our club to the show and do more of the work. We should not let this one slide away like the Hara show. We need to be prepared. I think we are on the right track with the INC status.
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome