Chevelles Forum

Chevelles Forum (https://www.chevelles.net/forum/)
-   TSC - Club Shows (https://www.chevelles.net/forum/86-tsc-club-shows/)
-   -   Meeting with Gem City (https://www.chevelles.net/forum/86-tsc-club-shows/9001-meeting-gem-city.html)

Bowtie70SS 07-18-2006 03:37 PM

Hey all,
I just received a letter from Todd Fazzari, the pres. of Gem City. Here it is:

Dave,

Our August meeting will be held at Jerry and Mary Ann Feltz's home. It will be on Sunday, August 20th at 1:30pm. Please let your members know about the meeting. We will be stuffing ditty bags for the show and we will finalize any other items for the show.

Please ask your members to bring a covered dish to share. Our club will provide a meat tray. Please let them know they should bring their own table settings, drinks and seats.

Please make every attempt to gather ditty bag items and bring them to the meeting. Also please bring raffle tickets/money and door prizes.

Thank you and we will see you at the Eastgate Car Show. A copy of the map to the Feltz's residence is enclosed.

Todd Fazzari

I can't post the map, but for you map questers it is 7361 Greenhill Ct in Springboro. Their number is 748-0057. Thanks

Dave

[ July 19, 2006, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: Bowtie70SS ]

Mike67&72 07-19-2006 01:06 PM

Dave, Aug. 20th is not Sat.
Mike

Bowtie70SS 07-19-2006 09:45 PM

Ok, I believe you...it says Sunday(now)

plain 69 07-20-2006 02:18 AM

I will be there as well. Thanks Dave.

DG 08-11-2006 07:54 AM

</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">UPDATE - I am going on a Boy Scout Canoe Trip and will not be able to come.</pre>[/QUOTE]The Boy Scout Troop 311 is working on the menu/price list now. It is very similiar to the one from 2001.

If possible, any chance someone could bring those large ice tubs that shorty mentioned the club used?

Also, Shorty mentioned we should have Donuts and coffee for people who come early to setup. Any idea what target range to shoot for volume wise who drink coffee in August?

20 people, 30-40-50?

I'm thinking 4-5 dozen assorted donuts.

Something liek $.50 a donut, $.25 per cup of coffee.

I don't drink coffee, but I do eat donuts...used to anyway, **** Jenny Craig and her freakin' diet.......... :(

[ August 11, 2006, 01:11 PM: Message edited by: DG ]

RTaylor692 08-11-2006 10:14 AM

Here is a MAP to Jerry and Mary Ann Feltz's house. Hope to see everyone there.

gramps 08-13-2006 06:15 PM

I talked with Jerry today at a show in Lebanon. Gary Albers was there also.

Jerry needs the list of door prizes and names ASAP - they haven't received them as of yet and need to build the sponsor lists and have the sign board made.

He also needs to haul the door prizes to the show - he said it will probably will take 2 truckloads (!) to haul it all...

I likely won't make either the meeting or the show, depending on when I have to travel for work.

CG70SS 08-14-2006 07:31 AM

I sent my list to Dave. I think he is sending them on ??

CG70SS 08-19-2006 09:42 AM

Just curious, is anyone driving their Chevelles tomorrow ?

Mike67&amp;72 08-19-2006 10:14 AM

Craig we plan to bring a car on sunday wx permitting. We have some sponsor stuff we are going to bring also. Does he need a list now or can it wait till sunday.
Mike

CG70SS 08-19-2006 10:21 AM

I think you are suspose to just bring it along with any chances that you may have sold. I may not drive my car, because I may have to go directly to work from the meeting.

RTaylor692 08-19-2006 10:26 PM

What is everyone bringing as their covered dish. I was thinking of having Faith make a potato casserole. Speaking of Faith, is everyone bringing their better-halves? By better I mean the ones that put up with all of the Chevelle stuff...HEHE!!

rick 67 08-20-2006 06:07 AM

Ron , Amy is going as far as I know right now . I'm not sure what she's making yet .

DG 08-21-2006 07:06 AM

How did the meeting go? I did not get back from the Scout Canoe trip unitl after 4 pm?

RTaylor692 08-21-2006 08:24 AM

I am an idiot. I showed up at Jerry and Mary Ann's house about 3 1/2 hours late. I would have bet money that the meeting was at 6pm and never even looked twice at the time when I was double checking my directions. I pulled up and he just looked at me like I was crazy.

I have missed so many club activities this year due to work, and then pull something like that when I have been planning to attend for a month. Sorry I didn't make it guys. I think the age is getting to me already....hehe.

I will see you all at 7:00AM Sunday Morning willing to work.

plain 69 08-21-2006 10:24 AM

Well the meeting went pretty well. We all had plenty to eat that is for sure. Thanks to everyone that brought in the side dishes and thanks goes to Jerry and his family letting us use their place as well.

Here are some things but not all that were discussed.

Gem City is going out to the show site to mark off the area for the show this coming Friday at 6:00 p.m. They wanted a couple of us to be there as well but we had one volunteer Bill Beard.

Sunday everyone should be arriving around 7:00 a.m. or if you want a little earlier. I don't know if the gate will be open earlier though or not.

Everyone signed up for their particular duties.
Here are a few of the assignments.

Gate Keepers at the front gate.

Parking attendants for the show field and spectators.

Classification determiners.

Registration.

Door Prizes.

Judging.

I am currently putting together our registration sheets for the Chevelle classes since we are running the Chevelle class.

As far as Judging we are working in pairs. It will be best to have a very knowlegable person with each pair. Both judges will have judging sheets to turn in though.

When all the cars are in their particular classes we will be putting the appropriate number of judges to that class since it takes about 10 minutes or so to judge one car.

Sunday morning there will be coffee and donuts there and I think they will be about a quarter a piece.

The music should be playing at about 8:30-9:00 a.m. to signify we are ready.

Remember any tickets or door prizes that you have need to be brought to the show as well.

We stuffed around 160+ goodie bags as well.

Both clubs will be parking in the front rows only so that is where we will be parking our Chevelles.

If anyone runs into trouble with a participant don't stir it further get Shorty or Todd of Gem City Classics and they will try to remedy the problem. If not the Sherrif could be stopping by. So that way we don't get into any trouble or stir a big stink.

If you happen to see any kids touching the show cars please let them know not to do that.

This is great for the Spina Bifida fund and is big for our club as well. I have learned a lot already from helping Gem City with this show. Hopefully next year we can do the same and/or have our own show next year. I can see it takes a lot of money and work to start out.

It would be great to see some of the members we have not seen in a while. Even if you don't have your car ready or it is immobile for some reason or another. We can use all the judges we can get our hands on as well.

That is all I can think of now maybe the Prez can chime in with an email or something. He might have a couple new items.

RTaylor692 08-21-2006 01:53 PM

That sounds good. I will be there at 7:00 and you guys can put me anywhere except judging and classification. I don't know enough about the technicals to feel comfortable with either one.

Bowtie70SS 08-21-2006 09:09 PM

The main thing I have to say is that we need to show up in force. Even if you can't stay all day please be there. For those of you that surf this board and are in the area this is a great opportunity to come out and hang with the club. We can use all of the help we can get. The more people who work, the easier it is for all of us. Gem city has already done a great deal of work and it is up to us to help the rubber meet the road. Also those with reference manuals please bring them, it is better to have them and not need them than to have a question and have no point of reference. See you ALL Sunday.

Dave

SJS 08-21-2006 09:41 PM

Dave-

What do you mean by reference manuals? ...your my reference manual! sorry but its true. All I have is the shop and overhaul books.

Steve

DG 08-21-2006 10:11 PM

I am hoping to have a good turn out for Scouts to run the food booth. So far it's coming together.

I did not sign up for anything because I assume the Scouts will keep me busy. And that is where the food is anyway. [img]smile.gif[/img]

We will have a Flag Group for the send off as well.

DG

DG 08-25-2006 05:36 AM

Shorty,
Do we need to bring tables for the food prep/setup area?

DG

Bowtie70SS 08-25-2006 06:03 AM

"Be Prepared" I would say yes...I would bring a pop-up as well if you can.

Dave

plain 69 08-25-2006 11:17 AM

DG you might want to stop down there tonight at the Polish Club since there will be a few of them down there this evening. That way you can talk to them personally and see what your dealing with.

DG 08-25-2006 11:32 AM

Shorty emailed me and said there are tables there. I may stop in over there on my way home anyway.

DG

Johns69 08-25-2006 09:00 PM

I'll be there at 7:00 AM to help with whatever needs done. Will bring canopy, chairs, walkie- talkies and anything else you can suggest. Anyone up for breakfast before like at the Waffle House on east side of I-75 at Needmore Rd. I'll be there between 6:00 and 6:15 AM. See you guys Sunday. John

Mike67&amp;72 08-26-2006 07:51 AM

I do not see that being a problem. They have done a lot for us lately. Look at how many times have they have fed us.

DG 08-26-2006 08:01 AM

Guys, one of the items I discussed with Shorty was the food for "after". The Scouts have made a significant investment in burgers/hotdogs/etc...for this show.

If it turns out attendance is light (and they do not "sell out" I would ask that instead of "Ordering Out" for food, we have dinner buying the Scout food. The Scouts would likely reduce the items to cost instead of wasting it, so it would be more economical (or our club could compenstate the Scouts to augment the sale price).

Now, if they do sell out, I think the Tri State club could probably do it. I know Dave (Prez) can spend up to $50 without a vote. But we would should have a "quorum" there to make an in-person vote.

I should be there early too, so look for me.

Also, something to consider for next year. Can we commit our club to the show and do more of the work. We should not let this one slide away like the Hara show. We need to be prepared. I think we are on the right track with the INC status.

hot rod bill 08-26-2006 08:22 AM

i feel that that gem city should not have to buy any of the food and that we should as a club take up this end of the situation,like mike was saying they have done a lot for the show.dg where is it in the club's by-law that the president can spend $50.00 with out a vote? bill

toplss68 08-26-2006 01:25 PM

I will be there in the am, hopefully by 7:00. As a side note I am a father again!! Jacob was born on the 16th of August. 7 lbs. 8 ounces and very healthy.

DG 08-26-2006 01:32 PM

Bill,

Quote:

dg where is it in the club's by-law that the president can spend $50.00 with out a vote?
I don't have a copy of the by-laws, but this came up the year we helped in the Hara show and a suggestion was that the club made a donation challenge to any other clubs to match it during the event.

So, who does have a copy to confirm it? Or can we have a short meeting before everything gets started?

I don't think 1/2 of our current members frequent this web board regularly.

rick 67 08-26-2006 02:55 PM

I don't see a problem with doing this , if nothing else we could take up a collection to get dinner .

Rick

DG 08-26-2006 07:09 PM

Dang! 40% chance of Thunder storms all day Sunday.

plain 69 08-26-2006 08:06 PM

Ken congratulations. I know you guys are shooting for a girl the next time ain't you.

Just wanted to let everyone know that the Prez can spend $50.00 at any one time and up to $100.00 in one month.

It is in Article 5 section 2. That is in place for certain situations from time to time that come up. Things that can be taken care of without all the formalities. It should be recorded in the books for all members to see if they request to see them, which if any has been spent I know it has been recorded by our Treasurer without a doubt.

Rick DITTO.

I am going to be positive on the weather and say that we will see gleaming paint jobs from the sunshine.

Mike67&amp;72 08-26-2006 09:19 PM

Last Sat. it was 70% chance on the friday before, then it was 30% for sat. on sat morning and it never rained! Can't do nothing about it except go with the flow.

Bowtie70SS 08-26-2006 09:24 PM

Do more of the work? You didn't get to hear the task load that we have. Also if things go well we will have more members in attendance than Gem City. We are doing the DJ, judging, classifying, front gates, registration, raffle tickets, split the pot sales,Food (DG and the scouts), helped mark parking spots, drove door prizes to show...and I'm sure I forgot something. About the only thing we didn't do was to reserve the spot, and take care of trophies and door prizes. I think we are gonna be a key part and if we weren't there then it may not have happened. As far as the Hara arena show I was under the impression that the Hara show ended?? Don't worry we'll be very busy. Later

Dave

CG70SS 08-27-2006 05:00 AM

It's pouring down in Cincy as of 0540am. Hope it stops before the show. Whats it doing up that way ?